For building owners, developers, and architects desiring to streamline their construction process, Rens Welding & Fabricating offers unique design-build services that blend the structural engineering and steel detailing processes to expedite project schedules. Our alliance with Hayes & O’Neill Structural Engineering (H&O) forges a team of experts that can cut up to 2 months from your project timetable.
Our steel design solutions provide unparalleled guidance early in project development. With a deep understanding of construction costs and schedules, we facilitate important decisions to fast track critical foundation and steel construction components.
Rens Welding & Fabricating executes the site and steel scope of work as design-build to save valuable time in critical path trades. We enable the foundation work to commence early by driving key design decisions that permit release of an early foundation design. Our model allows the rest of the project to be executed in a design-bid-build process assuring it is bid competitively to achieve the best value.
A unique approach captures the advantages of the traditional design-build model, while eliminating many of its disadvantages.
- Key decisions are made with the owner, architect, and general contractor early in the development stage to establish column grids and lateral and foundation systems
- Our knowledge and experience create cost- and time-saving approaches that generate faster schedule sequencing and details
- We develop an early foundation package to field accurate bid prices and attain a foundation permit. This allows site work and foundation construction to proceed ahead of detail and finish work
- H&O designs the primary structure while allowing flexibility to adjust canopies, parapets, and other accent features
- As the design is finalized, Rens Welding & Fabricating provides steel construction value and proceeds with the detailing process ahead of final design drawings
- Rens Welding & Fabricating takes full accountability for the accuracy of the steel shop drawings and the coordination with the architect
- Once design is complete, Rens Welding & Fabricating constructs the metal structures in its state-of-the-art facility and installs them at the job site
Our process cuts time from your production schedule that achieves substantial cost savings (see figures 1 and 2 below). For building owners, it adds to building lease time and enables earlier commitments to lessee occupancy dates. It also reduces lost operations time for business owners.